What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can an auditor raise a non-conformance on an issue identified during your internal audit?

Started by , Jun 25 2023 11:15 AM
3 Replies

Hi all

We are FSSC V5.1 FSMS certifified and we are having a recertification audit in just a few days.Just want to clear my thougths  on this one, can an auditor raise a non-conformance on an issue you have already identified during your internal audit but have not closed it because it is not due for closing.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Internal Audit - BRC Issue 9 What could be the root cause for a non-conformance related to scope determination and documentation in an ISO 22000 Stage 1 audit? Is air quality testing required for a facility using propylene glycol in chillers, and what are the considerations for an SQF audit? Selling Food Grade product to distributor for internal use following repackaging
[Ad]
As an Auditor it would fully depend upon how you wrote it up, is there a written note in place as to what you intend to do, if structural has the area been designated, is their a purchase order in place or some other form of proof that you are actively working on closing it out - as in I will want to see evidence and your actions.

It might surprise you that I have had companies that did their internal audit within a week of me coming in for the sole purpose of attempting a delay and would try to snow ball me with verbal plans or inform me because they were in process on close out that I could not do a non conformance.

Bottom line, do the evidence and be ready to show proof .

Keep in mind that if the same issue appeared on previous internal aydits there is very little chance of not getting a non conformance.

Hi Joel,

It is still a non-conformance if you haven't fixed it. The auditor will take into account your proposed action but if it is a critical or major non-conformance then I would be doing everything possible to get it put right before your audit.

Kind regards,

Tony

^^^ What they said.  Having a NC documented prior to an audit is a huge step, and you get to use it to prove your system is effective at identifying NC's.  But any auditor worth their salt is going to go through your analysis and CAP with a fine tooth comb.  If they suspect you're stalling on it or identify the CAP isn't strong enough, they'll still mark it in the audit.

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Internal Audit - BRC Issue 9 What could be the root cause for a non-conformance related to scope determination and documentation in an ISO 22000 Stage 1 audit? Is air quality testing required for a facility using propylene glycol in chillers, and what are the considerations for an SQF audit? Selling Food Grade product to distributor for internal use following repackaging Can anyone recommend a reliable company to conduct an SQF audit for a food ingredient? Supplier Audit for Gummy Manufacturer Does a change in managing product design drawings affect the audit scope for a manufacturing plant? BRC Issue 9 Guidance on a smokehouse oven Can internal audits for a small facility be conducted in one day