What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Common mistake in a HACCP flow diagram

Started by , Jun 10 2023 10:15 AM
3 Replies

Dears,

I found this image in a hacpp training presentation , is really we shall include each ingredient receiving process indvidually ? as shown in the attached image.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Ridiculous cost of Vitamin D testing - is it common? Common or Usual Name of Ingredient or Food
[Ad]

Dears,

I found this image in a hacpp training presentation , is really we shall include each ingredient receiving process indvidually ? as shown in the attached image.

No attachment ?

Dears,

I have seen similar examples for very simple processes that list each ingredient. 

I certainly do not do things that way -- our processes cover around a hundred different formulations.   The steps of our flow diagram are focused on how the product is being physically manipulated, which is the same even when the flavor is not. 

Risks associated with formulation differences are dealt with in other parts of the HACCP plan and prerequisite(sanitation/GMP) programs.

Hi mhosn,

You do not need to have each ingredient receiving process individually, it may be a case of separating into receipt of ingredients/raw materials in three categories refrigerated, frozen and ambient.

CODEX Guidelines state: The flow diagrams should be used when conducting the hazard analysis as a basis for evaluating the possible occurrence, increase, decrease or introduction of hazards. Flow diagrams should be clear, accurate and sufficiently detailed to the extent needed to conduct the hazard analysis.

Note that product specific flow diagrams will need to show all the raw materials in the product.

See this example from BRCGS Guidance:

BRCGS Flow Diagram Example.png   219.11KB   3 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Compressed Air Monitoring - Common Sources of Contamination Ridiculous cost of Vitamin D testing - is it common? Common or Usual Name of Ingredient or Food SQF Ed 9 Audit Preparation - common issues? Common Quality Control and Food Safety Testing Parameters What common daily operation checklists do you use? Common Critical Non-conformites in a BRC Audit? How common are process alarms?