• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 10 June 2023 - 10:15 AM

Dears,

I found this image in a hacpp training presentation , is really we shall include each ingredient receiving process indvidually ? as shown in the attached image.

Edited by mhosn, 10 June 2023 - 10:16 AM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5673 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 June 2023 - 07:49 PM

Dears,

I found this image in a hacpp training presentation , is really we shall include each ingredient receiving process indvidually ? as shown in the attached image.

No attachment ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 628 posts
  • 123 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 June 2023 - 04:45 PM

Dears,

I have seen similar examples for very simple processes that list each ingredient. 

I certainly do not do things that way -- our processes cover around a hundred different formulations.   The steps of our flow diagram are focused on how the product is being physically manipulated, which is the same even when the flavor is not. 

Risks associated with formulation differences are dealt with in other parts of the HACCP plan and prerequisite(sanitation/GMP) programs.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,339 posts
  • 1316 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 13 June 2023 - 05:16 AM

Hi mhosn,

You do not need to have each ingredient receiving process individually, it may be a case of separating into receipt of ingredients/raw materials in three categories refrigerated, frozen and ambient.

CODEX Guidelines state: The flow diagrams should be used when conducting the hazard analysis as a basis for evaluating the possible occurrence, increase, decrease or introduction of hazards. Flow diagrams should be clear, accurate and sufficiently detailed to the extent needed to conduct the hazard analysis.

Note that product specific flow diagrams will need to show all the raw materials in the product.

See this example from BRCGS Guidance:

Attached File  BRCGS Flow Diagram Example.png   219.11KB   3 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users