What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product

Started by , Jun 01 2023 10:31 AM
5 Replies
Dear All,

I would like to seek your insights on a matter regarding the launch of a free giveaway spice powder product.
Our company is planning to distribute this product pack as a promotional item, and it will not be available for sale.

Given this unique circumstance, we are wondering if it is possible to exempt this product from
USDA and FDA compliance requirements specifically related to labeling.

I would greatly appreciate your expertise and input on this topic.

Thanks!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Supplier Audit Exemption? How have others successfully argued exemption to SQF Modules? How to determine and exemption from stability and compatibility testing? CFIA Meat broth cube exemption policy? Food Supplements FSMA Exemption?
[Ad]

I would think you would still have to declare this on your label even though it is a promotional product.  A spice packet would set up alarms as spices have been the result of several recalls due to filler items being undeclared allergens.

1 Like1 Thank

I would think you would still have to declare this on your label even though it is a promotional product.  A spice packet would set up alarms as spices have been the result of several recalls due to filler items being undeclared allergens.

Hi Scotty_SQF,

Thanks this is good input!
I look for further explanations with regards to any special sections or codes of the FDA & USDA regulations.

:spoton:

Spice powder - so I assume no meat items in it. So FDA regulations is what you need to look at.

1 Like

Dear All,

I would like to seek your insights on a matter regarding the launch of a free giveaway spice powder product.
Our company is planning to distribute this product pack as a promotional item, and it will not be available for sale.

Given this unique circumstance, we are wondering if it is possible to exempt this product from
USDA and FDA compliance requirements specifically related to labeling.

I would greatly appreciate your expertise and input on this topic.

Thanks!

What specifically are you wanting to get an exception to?  For safety reasons people still need to know what's in it and where it came from if a problem is detected later.

1 Like
Client has used their standard label but added a self stick label strip that says...

NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RETAIL SALE - FREE PROMOTIONAL PRODUCT.
1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Supplier Audit Exemption? How have others successfully argued exemption to SQF Modules? How to determine and exemption from stability and compatibility testing? CFIA Meat broth cube exemption policy? Food Supplements FSMA Exemption? FDA exemption for facilities who solely store unexposed packaged food Manufacturer of wood pallets, Can I file for exemption for 2.4.3? SID Numbers Exemption Requirements Exemption from food Fraud SQF8 Exemption for Direct Food Contact Packaging