What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FDA procedure for building a new facility

Started by , Apr 19 2023 10:33 PM
2 Replies

Hello folks from north America,

Can anyone please guide me the whole process of building a new food facility in U.S.?

My understand is building permit - FDA registration - FDA Approval to start production - USDA inspection for export.

Is that correct?

Any input would be much appreciated.

- Boston Cream

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Procedure for Load and Unload Packaging non-food grade item in food facility Supplier Facility Visits Cross contamination of Raw RTE peanut roasting facility Building A Food Safety Culture
[Ad]

In the US, aside from Federal laws we have local laws. You would need to start with the health department for the county you want to build at first. They provide all the rules and regulations and will guide you through the Federal Laws. 

1 Thank
We've been involved in a number of ground up builds and it is a bit more complicated and based on the area, county, town, state, product types, sewer and water systems etc.

No one size fits all unfortunately.

An example of that is starting next month we are handling a project that involves 77 ground up locations within coastal areas and I need to hire at least one regulatory/risk/compliance person just to handle the web of all that stuff.
1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Procedure for Load and Unload Packaging non-food grade item in food facility Supplier Facility Visits Cross contamination of Raw RTE peanut roasting facility Building A Food Safety Culture Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Changeover procedure for transition of FSSC22000 V5.1 to V6 Environmental Monitoring for a plastics packaging facility Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Wine Product Facility Standard Operating Procedure vs Work Instruction