• IFSQN Member
  • 136 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 April 2023 - 04:01 PM

Hi

I was wondering if anybody has a procedure for when customers request a sample to see if it fits in there business for supply.

Currently we have an account manager who will speak to potential customers and arrange samples to be sent. The problem is the guy does not check with the site first to see if we can produce it. He will just promise the customer yes we can do it and then it is embarrassing when we cant.

I am just after something if it is already written something along the lines of get the request, meet or speak with factory on requirements, go back to customer to confirm.

If not out there don't worry i will put something together just thought I would ask 

thanks

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 394 posts
  • 123 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 14 April 2023 - 04:48 PM

Hi Astro,

In this situation, you are something like a contracted manufacturer looking to produce for another company right? The SOP you're looking for would be fairly simple, but I'm not sure many facilities would have something like that on hand. You've basically already written the procedure yourself! 

Account manager gets request for a sample > Acc. Manager checks with Production Manager to see if sample type is possible > Acc. Manager responds to potential client if the sample request can be accepted.

That's basically it right? I don't think the problem here is the communication chain though (although checking beforehand is always good), the issue is that your account manage is not familiar with your plant or capabilities. I would focus on improving your account manager's knowledge of your process. Someone should spend a week taking them on a facility tour and giving an in-depth explanation of your process and equipment.

astro

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 136 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 April 2023 - 11:20 AM

Great thanks for your comments

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic