What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Procedure for approving suppliers of services and annual review for their performance

Started by , Apr 03 2023 03:17 PM
5 Replies

Hi

For complying with BRC Issue 9, I need to write a procedure for approving supplier of services and annual review for their performances.

We have several supplier of services:

- Company who collects our waste and bins

- Company who is in contract for servicing and maintenance of chills and colds

- pest control company

- company who does calibration of devices

- Maintenance of equipment

- lab who analyse microbial samples

How can I create approval procedure for them? For raw material suppliers I created 3 types of questionnaires and by keeping history of suppliers and annual review I do annual review for them and for each group of raw ingredients, (fresh, RTE,..) I do risk assessment but I do not have any clue how I can do something similar for suppliers of services?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Labels and Labelling Procedure Is a Written Procedure Required for Existing Products According to BRCGS Clause 5.1.1? Procedure for Load and Unload Changeover procedure for transition of FSSC22000 V5.1 to V6 Standard Operating Procedure vs Work Instruction
[Ad]

For approval - what is important when selecting / approving the service provider?  For monitoring - how do you make sure they are preforming the service desired?

Example 

Approval - maybe as simple as a license to remove waste and contract.  

Monitoring - during monthly plant inspection - is waste removed according to schedule/contract?, if they supply bins are they maintained in good condition, lids, etc?,

Pest - 

approval - written agreement contract/agreement, review of licenses and insurance, etc

Monitoring - monthly review of service reports, checking devices on monthly plant inspection

my experience is that most auditors give a lot of freedom on how you accomplish both of these tasks.    

1 Thank

Just to add to the monitoring piece:

If they provide service reports, are they legible?

If they require access to your facility, do they follow your GMP regulations?

Do they respond to your requests for service in a timely manner?

If you raise non-conformances against them, do they provide RCA and CAPA to ensure the issue does not repeat?

Marshall

1 Thank

Just to add to the monitoring piece:

If they provide service reports, are they legible?

If they require access to your facility, do they follow your GMP regulations?

Do they respond to your requests for service in a timely manner?

If you raise non-conformances against them, do they provide RCA and CAPA to ensure the issue does not repeat?

Marshall

these are all good examples as well.   

1 Thank

Hi

For complying with BRC Issue 9, I need to write a procedure for approving supplier of services and annual review for their performances.

We have several supplier of services:

- Company who collects our waste and bins

- Company who is in contract for servicing and maintenance of chills and colds

- pest control company

- company who does calibration of devices

- Maintenance of equipment

- lab who analyse microbial samples

How can I create approval procedure for them? For raw material suppliers I created 3 types of questionnaires and by keeping history of suppliers and annual review I do annual review for them and for each group of raw ingredients, (fresh, RTE,..) I do risk assessment but I do not have any clue how I can do something similar for suppliers of services?

Hi Persian Girl,

You are not alone in your interest, eg -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ew/#entry194028

(2023)

https://www.ifsqn.co...rs/#entry144105

(2019)

https://www.ifsqn.co...353/#entry52030

(2012)

1 Thank

Thank you guys. I have all these points those mentioned by you. I will go to update SOP and supplier risk assessment.

Similar Discussion Topics
Labels and Labelling Procedure Is a Written Procedure Required for Existing Products According to BRCGS Clause 5.1.1? Procedure for Load and Unload Changeover procedure for transition of FSSC22000 V5.1 to V6 Standard Operating Procedure vs Work Instruction Need to implement a manual cleaning procedure while our rack washer is down Need a procedure for disposition and destruction of expired goods Food loss and waste procedure Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment