What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Using Protein Residue for EMP Testing

Started by , Mar 08 2023 02:19 PM
7 Replies

Good morning,

I am brand new to SQF and had a question about EMP testing.  The previous SQF practitioner used protein residue test. Would this suffice or should I implement sending another form of testing.

Thank you. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Quat Sanitizer Testing Analytical Testing - Frozen Snack Items (Samosas, Rolls) Compressed Air Testing for Non-Food Contact Testing Plan Risk Assessment In-house Pathogen Testing
[Ad]

Need more info: RTE or NRTE. FDA or USDA item.

We work with meat.

We work with meat.

Ready to eat or not ready to eat.

Not ready to eat, my apologies.

I would be at the VERY least be swabbing for 

e coli

generic listeria

total coliform

salmonella (if you're handling poultry or fowl)

Protein residue is only helpful to correct sanitation procedures

2 Likes

Hi Alex,

The Packing Procedure / Storage can also be of significance regarding status of System

It's a very different NRTE Product (and Standard) but I suggest the queries in this Post/parallel thread may be informative -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ds/#entry194141

Thank you both! I was looking at the past audit and they said they sent in samples of our products for testing (Ecoli&Salmonella) and it was accepted by the auditor. Would this work for direct contact areas and just swab non-contact areas?

Similar Discussion Topics
Quat Sanitizer Testing Analytical Testing - Frozen Snack Items (Samosas, Rolls) Compressed Air Testing for Non-Food Contact Testing Plan Risk Assessment In-house Pathogen Testing Environmental testing plan - listeria & TVC Product testing during release as a CCP Organic Honey Testing Could you help me develop a testing protocol for the nutritional analysis of canned products? Testing for Shelf-life of Vital Wheat Gluten