What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the terms GMP and cGMP?

Started by , Feb 24 2023 11:15 AM
3 Replies

Hi everyone!!
Someone could give me some information about cGMP? I have a Spanish client that exports his products to EU and US. He would like to obtain the GMP+ certification but I think for EU he'll need cGMP. Can anyone give me some advice??? thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are Neck Fans permissible in a cGMP setting? Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? Please explain a 6.5 log10 reduction in Salmonella in laymans terms? Industry standards for the meat/poultry industry in terms of particle size limits in metal detection? Can FDA CGMP be a Preventive Control in our food safety plan?
[Ad]

Hi everyone!!
Someone could give me some information about cGMP? I have a Spanish client that exports his products to EU and US. He would like to obtain the GMP+ certification but I think for EU he'll need cGMP. Can anyone give me some advice??? thanks

Hi TC,

Maybe try googling cGMP - It's American.

In food sector GMP and cGMP are not a lot different. But if you are working on pharmaceuticals or nutraceuticals, you may need their relevant cGMP. I would recommend that you read cGMP based on the FDA codes so you can be fully compliant. 

You can read more about cGMP for drugs in the following FDA codes: 

• Title 21: CFR Part 314
  • Title 21: CFR Part 210
  • Title 21: CFR Part 211
  • Title 21: CFR Part 212
  • Title 21: CFR Part 600

For food I would mostly consider GMP in other countries and in the US go to the following cGMP is needed: 

• Title 21: CFR Part 117 sub part B (Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, And Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food)
1 Like1 Thank

Hi everyone!!

If cGMP came up, I'm going to guess this is a potentially FDA regulated (non-meat) food item?  The FDA in its infinite wisdom tried to reinvent the wheel in regards to a variety of food safety terms and principles after the FSMA.

Similar Discussion Topics
Are Neck Fans permissible in a cGMP setting? Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? Please explain a 6.5 log10 reduction in Salmonella in laymans terms? Industry standards for the meat/poultry industry in terms of particle size limits in metal detection? Can FDA CGMP be a Preventive Control in our food safety plan? How is garlic typically treated (in terms of a kill step) when it's in a powder form? Is there any difference between GMP & cGMP? How to understand Seafood HACCP system in simple terms? FSMA Animal Food - Feed Mill cGMP's Can a CGMP be used as a preventive control?