What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Format for BRCGS Food Safety Document & Records

Started by , Feb 21 2023 07:27 AM
2 Replies

Hi, everyone, 

I'm starting to prepare document and records for the implementation of BRCGS Food Safety Issue 9 at my company. Is there any particular format for the documents and records to be used under this certification scheme? What are the details that must be included in the header/ footer of the doc.? Would anyone here please share some templates/ formats with me? 

Thanks. 

Jason. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Designing Sample Request Format USFDA Food Labeling Date format Company address format on product label for US and Canada Components Risk Assessment Format Expiration date format under Mexico labeling requirements
[Ad]

I don't have any templates available, but you always need the following in the header:

1. Name of the document.

2. Issue date/implementation date.

3. Review date.

4. Version numbering is not mandatory if you keep an archive of dated versions of the document, but it makes things a lot easier for you.

In the footer, I recommend putting the information about who made the latest change and who signed off on it, though a change table at the bottom of the document is probably more useful.

Hi, everyone, 

I'm starting to prepare document and records for the implementation of BRCGS Food Safety Issue 9 at my company. Is there any particular format for the documents and records to be used under this certification scheme? What are the details that must be included in the header/ footer of the doc.? Would anyone here please share some templates/ formats with me? 

Thanks. 

Jason. 

Hi Jason,

IMEX BRC don't care as long as it meets the few, relevant, specified clauses.

It's easy if you are so inclined and have a backup team to produce a ISO9001-compliant masterpiece but if you are a 1-man show I recommend the simplest possible format to minimise the time spent maintaining it.

Personally, I found the topic of "controlled" docs the most head-banging. If you have deep digital resources this is one route. If manual IMO it's easiest to make everything controlled and effect updating by internal email thereby passing the buck. :smile:

Similar Discussion Topics
Designing Sample Request Format USFDA Food Labeling Date format Company address format on product label for US and Canada Components Risk Assessment Format Expiration date format under Mexico labeling requirements Universal format of Nutritional information panel BRC 8 checklist in excel format? Pest control trend analysis report format for a hotel Nutrition Label Format Validating and verifying documents in a digital format