What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Looking for a recommendation on a canning line for a hot filled acidified beverage

Started by , Feb 03 2023 05:34 PM
1 Reply

Hi Guys, 

I am looking for a recommendation on a canning line for a hot filled acidified beverage.  All of our products are low acid, flash pasteurized and then hot filled, nitro dosed and then sent to a cooling tunnel.  The current canning line is struggling with the high temps needed for hot fill.  Is there a good canning line for hot fill beverage products?  I am finding a ton of information on cold filling and then tunnel pasteurizing but we were hoping to avoid that process.  Thanks.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Looking for recommendation of third-party subject matter X-ray-Metal Detector CFU of mould in a Ready-to-drink alcoholic beverage (ABV 5%-20%) Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Packing process for a new beverage Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line
[Ad]

Greetings Lucas,

I have seen in some companies that have a similar process (hot-filling) to add a temperature lowering step, before packaging. Since your product is liquid this could be done more easily than "solid" products because it can be an addition to the pasteurization line equipment.

This way, if for example your pasteurization temp is 75oC, you can then lower the temp through heat exchanging to let's say 45 or 55οC. Since this is done in a closed off system you also don't worry about cross-contamination.

Environmental monitoring still applies of course !!!

Disclaimer, expenses will apply.

Regards!

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Looking for recommendation of third-party subject matter X-ray-Metal Detector CFU of mould in a Ready-to-drink alcoholic beverage (ABV 5%-20%) Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Packing process for a new beverage Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Baking in ovens and thermal canning Line Clearance High CO2 concentration in frozen warehouse filled with cranberries Flushing on Premixes Production Line