What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to deal with delayed audits?

Started by , Feb 02 2023 11:06 AM
4 Replies

I have now come across this issue multiple times while dealing with suppliers in Africa and Asia: suppliers or auditing bodies only plan a recertification audit after the previous certificate has expired instead of doing so BEFORE the certificate expires in a reasonable re-audit window) so there is at least a decent chance of renewing the certificate on time.

How do you deal with it?

And why are auditing bodies not giving companies at least a minor for not scheduling their audits on time?

I've seen this on all types of certifications.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How do you feel about the effectiveness of unannounced audits in upholding GFSI standards? Internal Audits Is there a set points system for gmp and sqf audits? Frequency of Internal Audits Organic Audit: Mass balance audits
[Ad]

Hi SHQ, I can only guess that re-certification is an issue for the supplier and their customers rather than for awarding bodies- they're only there to audit them.

If a customer is happy to continue to be supplied by a site with lapsed certification that's up to them, particularly if there is a long-standing relationship in place.

We have had odd certificates lapse between re-cert audits and submitting of corrective actions and most of our customer base have been happy to allow us the time it takes for the admin to be put in place.

I can deal with delays caused by a wait for corrective actions to be submitted.

I'm specifically referring to instances where the entire audit itself is performed too late so it causes additional delays on top of the ones you mentioned.

Companies must not be paying appropriately

If you let your certificate expire, it's supposed to be audited again as if it were for the first time, along with all the costs that come with that

Don't blame the CB or auditor ----this is on the supplier

Drop them (if you can)  it speaks volumes about how they really feel about food safety

2 Likes

If you let your certificate expire, it's supposed to be audited again as if it were for the first time, along with all the costs that come with that

Don't blame the CB or auditor ----this is on the supplier

If a company should be audited as if it was the first time because they let their certificate expire, shouldn't the CB/auditor note that on the certificate or the audit report?

Similar Discussion Topics
How do you feel about the effectiveness of unannounced audits in upholding GFSI standards? Internal Audits Is there a set points system for gmp and sqf audits? Frequency of Internal Audits Organic Audit: Mass balance audits Internal audits Will unannounced audits cause more people to leave the QA field? Fssc22000 v5.1 Audits SQF Ed. 9 Internal Audits and Inspections SOP Example Who is permitted to carry out Internal Audits?