What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is a signature stamp acceptable for use in the food safety plan?

Started by , Jan 19 2023 09:23 PM

When the customs person "approves" my passport, they do not sign it, they use a stamp (and maybe an initial depending on the country).

If your country legislation/certification scheme specifically prohibits stamps, or otherwise has language that says they should not be used, why not use them?

Marshall

6 Replies

Hello all! (first timer here)

I am currently wondering if the PCQI practitioner who signs off on the documents, for review or certification is allowed to use a signature stamp that is locked away and only accessible to the practitioner themself?

Also if so, would I need to add a signature stamp being acceptable for use in the food safety plan?

Thank you :)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories UK verification /tests on importend food SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification No food from Chine
[Ad]

I would not do that.   Signature / initial  = "hand written" to regulators as they are legal documents   (unless following part 11 electronic records and signatures)

I've read another feed that communicated this was okay and not a problem, especially for small business that are certified and only have one or two practitioners for the program due to being small facility. The reason I even ask is because i have carpal tunnel and it really hurts to sign all of the documents daily.

I think, in that case you could perform a risk analysis to ensure nobody has access to your stamp but yourself.

1 Like

I've read another feed that communicated this was okay and not a problem, especially for small business that are certified and only have one or two practitioners for the program due to being small facility. The reason I even ask is because i have carpal tunnel and it really hurts to sign all of the documents daily.

I think it might be best to contact your local FDA office.   I'm pretty sure that they would frown upon stamped signatures, but I believe there  might be exemptions or other routes that can be explored due to disabilities.  

1 Thank

Question:  Do you have a signature register so you can show that this stamp is in fact your actual signature?  

When the customs person "approves" my passport, they do not sign it, they use a stamp (and maybe an initial depending on the country).

If your country legislation/certification scheme specifically prohibits stamps, or otherwise has language that says they should not be used, why not use them?

Marshall

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories UK verification /tests on importend food SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification No food from Chine Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging Food Fraud Assessment Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Food Defense