What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Getting approval for changing specifications

Started by , Dec 28 2022 06:58 PM
3 Replies

Hi everyone, I have a question on documentation. My company is updating our boxes along with labeling for our products. Is there a template available that I can have our customers sign off on? I want to make sure we are covered on any issues.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
High risk supplier approval Finished Product Description in specifications Yeast & Mould Specifications Supplier Approval Program- Storage/Pick and Pack on behalf customers (suppliers) Microbiological specifications for refined vegetable oils
[Ad]

You can send them a copy of the artwork and ask to sign & date on it. That would mean they confirm a receipt and reviewal of the new artwork. Then you keep those signed copies on file in case of any issues (e.g. misuse?)

2 Likes

What olenazh has said is what I have seen at a past place i worked at.  Worked out great as if the customer said something was wrong we could pull that out and show they signed off on it.

1 Like1 Thank

Interestingly, my Packaging experience has mostly been driven by the reverse of preceding Posts and particularly where foreign languages are involved.

Large branded customers have tended to supply detailed artwork up front together with a demand for their own approval prior to supplier initiating Production. The basic reason is Brand protection in case of retail items plus the Distribution end is usually the first line of attack in case of any text/pictorial booboos from either end, Regulatory or otherwise.

The only exception has been for "self-propelled" products where the Post 2 Approach has been implemented.

Similar Discussion Topics
High risk supplier approval Finished Product Description in specifications Yeast & Mould Specifications Supplier Approval Program- Storage/Pick and Pack on behalf customers (suppliers) Microbiological specifications for refined vegetable oils Supplier Approval Requirements in the Meat Industry? Best Practice on Changing Outerwear Help with Supplier Approval and Assessment Program SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Changing from Hot Fill to Tunnel Pasteurization