What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do you need to include cleaning frequency on a hygiene-5S schedule?

Started by , Dec 07 2022 10:58 AM
6 Replies

Good day All!

I hope you are having a great day.

I'm working on the new cleaning schedules for the production floor, and I would like to know if I need to use a sort of Risk assessment to determine how many times a week I need to clean an area, or if it is only my consideration having on accountability which areas have more risk. 

Kind regards! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do we include third party manufacturing products in our FSSC 22000 scope? Is it possible to reduce the frequency of swabbing without compromising food safety? Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry Master Cleaning Schedule and Warehouse
[Ad]

Are you a dry or wet facility? What products do you make?

Are you a dry or wet facility? What products do you make?

Hiya! We have wet and Dry side. we produce beer

Kind regards! 

Cleaning frequency should be based on risk.  Your food contact surfaces may need to be cleaned every day / after each use to reduce quality and food safety concerns.  However, a wall may only need to be cleaned one a week/month etc.

when creating a MSS I like to walk the areas and list every possible surface, then create the risk assessment, from risk assessment develop procedures and frequencies.    

Good day All!

I hope you are having a great day.

I'm working on the new cleaning schedules for the production floor, and I would like to know if I need to use a sort of Risk assessment to determine how many times a week I need to clean an area, or if it is only my consideration having on accountability which areas have more risk. 

Kind regards! 

Hi Joacabar,

The relevant Standard (if any) may be decisive.

A generic answer to yr OP is Yes but often determined in a semi-intuitive fashion rather than a full-blown risk analysis. Examples on this forum are plentiful.

1 Like

I did mine like Charles C said, and did not write up any risk analysis or anything.   But we're a dry facility that's pretty cut and (NPI) dry, risks areas are few and obvious.  

Cleaning frequencies should be called out in your procedures, and sometimes on the cleaning record itself when it makes sense.  I usually didn't have a risk assessment for areas outsize of zone 2 to be cleaned, but would tell auditors the cleaning schedule was determined by our observations when implementing the programs.

A good tool to verify your frequencies are acceptable is your own internal audits.  If you're noting a surface is dirty in repeated self-audits, a corrective action you can list is to increase the cleaning frequency of that item.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Do we include third party manufacturing products in our FSSC 22000 scope? Is it possible to reduce the frequency of swabbing without compromising food safety? Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry Master Cleaning Schedule and Warehouse GFSI standards that include both manufactured and traded goods. BRCGS 3.4.1 - Internal Audit frequency - To Dispute or Not to Dispute Nonconformance? BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Cleaning air conditioning pipes that are high up Frequency of Internal Audits