What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Acceptable Peroxide Values in Palm Free Stabilizer

Started by , Nov 22 2022 06:49 AM
2 Replies

Good day

I would like to know the acceptable PV in Palm Free Stabilizer. I read a PV between 10-20 mEq/Kg has a rancid taste often noticeable. Does anyone know if any references within food industries support this statement. Our lab results was >11 but no rancid taste noticeable on the batch.

Rancidity is always a big topic. PV is one of them but not clear what the limit is.

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is an Acceptable LOQ for Peanut Allergen Testing in Canada? Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP
[Ad]

Good day to you,

I think the PV limit for each country is different, but I will share with you the PV limit in Indonesia (according to SNI 01-3741-2002) is 1 mg O2/100 g

Maybe the others will help

Thank you

We use a limit of < 1 meq/kg, but I wouldn't be surprised if how noticeable rancidity is depends on the product and the sensitivity of the observer.

I would start measuring on each batch determine a level based on historic information (marking the measured value for every batch with an off-taste/smell or rancidity as out of range.

Similar Discussion Topics
What is an Acceptable LOQ for Peanut Allergen Testing in Canada? Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP Are black safety shoes acceptable in a food plant? IFS 3.3.3 - What is acceptable as a training signature? Is a signature stamp acceptable for use in the food safety plan? Standard Plate Count acceptable results Color deviation acceptable range