What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 11.2.3.1 - Current Dishwasher Calibrations

Started by , Nov 17 2022 09:08 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

Had an SQF audit and got dinged for something I am not really sure on how to correct or its connection to the code she quoted. We are a bakery that makes donuts, brownies, and cookies on a large scale (~1mil units per month). We have a tunnel washer that uses chemicals to clean and heat to sanitize/dry. She asked me about the calibration schedule. I mentioned that we do not have a calibration schedule, but do regularly PMs on it per the owners manual. We also run a temperature logger through once a month to verify it is heating to the correct temperature. The report says this:

11.2.3.1 Minor: The dishwashers do not have current calibrations

Okay. Cool. That makes sense. We don't do calibrations. So I look it up and there there is really no company that does this either. Looking at the code she is referring to states: 

11.2.3.1 The methods and responsibility for calibration and re-calibration of measuring,

testing, and inspection equipment used for monitoring activities outlined in
prerequisite programs, food safety plans, and other process controls, or to
demonstrate compliance with customer specifications, shall be documented and
implemented. Software used for such activities shall be validated as appropriate.

I am just confused on what I need to do. We test the temp monthly and do APC swabs on a regular basis to verify that it is still sanitizing correctly. Am I missing something? Any recommendations is appreciated. 

Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scale Calibrations Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed? How to get more information about the current situation of the industry Cold Storage added to our current HACCP Plan GFSI certification for current or existing suppliers
[Ad]
While I don't like the way the Auditor wrote it up, it's still justified as you do need a written calibration program/schedule and knowing that there are several manufacturers of these systems our clients go to the MFG of the rquipment and they can provide guidance with some providing templates to put it together snappy snappy.

Interesting. Ill reach out to them. I never thought of the dishwashers like that before. Thanks! 

Similar Discussion Topics
Scale Calibrations Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed? How to get more information about the current situation of the industry Cold Storage added to our current HACCP Plan GFSI certification for current or existing suppliers Is acupointing a dishwasher in an SQF certified plant a requirement? Scale Calibrations How to deal with excessive steam from a dishwasher? HELP! Dishwasher validation-QUALITY VS MAINTENANCE Current status of E171 (Titanium dioxide) in Canada for imported goods