What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Example of risk assessment for ingredients

Started by , Nov 15 2022 04:56 PM
3 Replies

Hi! I am working on my approved supplier program. Wondering if anyone has an example of a risk assessment for an ingredient? Not sure where to start or how to set up (format), or write this for my ingredients.

Inspected by FDA and working towards a third party audit by NSF.

Thanks so much!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FDA sub-ingredients: how many generations do we need to declare? documented risk analysis of external environment and land use Room Risk Sanity Check Food Fraud Assessment Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes
[Ad]

A risk assessment for one ingredient, or a hazard analysis for all ingredients?   Here's what my HA for all looks like:

Attached Files

• ha.docx   513.95KB   179 downloads
2 Likes1 Thank

A risk assessment for one ingredient, or a hazard analysis for all ingredients?   Here's what my HA for all looks like:

Thanks so much!

Is this all I need as far as risk assessments go? Or do I need to go more in depth outside of my hazard analysis as well?

I have my hazard analysis for my ingredients but was wondering if I needed more.

1 Like

Besides your typical Biological, Chemical (including allergens) and Physical hazards, you could also consider country of origin, supplier history, history of fraud/adulteration/substitution, yearly quantity of materials purchased, nature of the material, frequency that you test incoming materials, etc.

If you want to satisfy FDA, use their Guidance for Industry here: https://www.fda.gov/.../99581/download

Marshall

2 Likes

Similar Discussion Topics
FDA sub-ingredients: how many generations do we need to declare? documented risk analysis of external environment and land use Room Risk Sanity Check Food Fraud Assessment Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Pre-Assessment vs Initial Audit Risk assessment - Metal Detector vs. X Ray (foreign body detection) Risk Assessments for SQF 9 Testing Plan Risk Assessment BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples