Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 November 2022 - 03:29 PM

Why does SQF start on Module 2?   What happened to Module 1?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,622 posts
  • 1538 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 November 2022 - 05:13 PM

Which SQF code are you under?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

TAW

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 November 2022 - 05:17 PM

SQF for Food Manufacturing;  I was just asking because I have just always been taught about 2 and 11 and when the update went to 9 Modules 3-10 were seperated for the other food sectors: Feed, Pet, etc.  Was there ever a Module 1?  Just asking purely out of curiosity.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,770 posts
  • 1157 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 03 November 2022 - 06:21 PM

Yes. There was a 1

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

CONSULTANT

https://t.me/MVIDigitalWarrior

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,283 posts
  • 1307 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 04 November 2022 - 05:02 AM

Hi TAW

In Edition 7 the SQF Code was restructured and Module 1 was Scope, References and Definitions, which was changed in Edition 8.

To elaborate looking at the history of the SQF Code:

In the SQF 2000 Code - Ed 6 the requirements were number as follows:

Section 4: SQF 2000 System Requirements

Section 5: Food Safety Fundamentals - Building and Equipment Design and Construction

Section 6: Food Safety Fundamentals – Pre-requisite Programs

Section 7: Requirements for Foods Contained in Hermetically Sealed Rigid, Flexible or Semi Rigid Containers

SQF Code, Edition 7 Modules

Module 1: Scope, References and Definitions

Module 2: SQF System Elements

Module 3: Feed Production (GFSI F1)

Module 4: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Agricultural Practices for Compound Feed Production (GFSI F2)

Module 5: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Agricultural Practices for Farming of Animal Products (GFSI Al)

Module 6: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Aquaculture Practices for Farming of Fish (GFSI All)

Module 7: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Agricultural Practices for Farming of Plant Products (GFSI Bl)

Module 8: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Agricultural Practices for Farming of Grains and Pulses (GFSI Bll)

Module 9: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Manufacturing Practices for Pre- processing of Animal Products (GFSI C)

Module 10: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Manufacturing Practices for Pre- processing of Plant Products (GFSI D)

Module 11: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Manufacturing Practices for Processing of Food Products (GFSI El, Ell, Elll, ElV and L)

Module 12: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Distribution Practices for Transport and Distribution of Food Products (GFSI Jl, and Jll)

Module 13: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Manufacturing Practices for Production of Food Packaging (GFSI Scope M)

Module 14: Food Safety Fundamentals – Good Manufacturing Practices for Food Brokers and Agents (GFSI Scope N)

Module 15: Food Safety Fundamentals: - Good Manufacturing Practices for Food Catering, Wholesale and Retail (GFSI G, H)

Module 16: Requirements for SQF Multi-site Programs Managed by a Central Site

The SQF Code, Edition 8 requirements

Part B: The SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing

Scope, References and Definitions

SQF System Elements for Food Manufacturing – Started numbering at 2 it seems to avoid confusion and align with Edition 7

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users