What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Review of preventive controls records

Started by , Oct 04 2022 07:05 PM
3 Replies

I work at a large food warehouse and we consider inspections performed on both inbound and outbound trailers (temperature and sanitary condition) to be preventive controls. I have to review a couple hundred trailer inspection checklists daily and date them to demonstrate that the records were reviewed within 7 days. I'm considering having a custom stamp made that says:

REVIEWED BY

DATE

MY NAME

Anyone know whether this would be acceptable to FDA?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Pre-Shipment Review SQF Review document Management Review using Pyramid for KPI BRC annual management review and internal audit running less than a year? Scheduling of Management Review in relation to Unannounced audit
[Ad]

Why have you determined these to be PC'S?

Temperature, I can understand, for those materials that may be subject to pathogen growth if temperatures are not maintained.

I wouldn't consider the sanitary condition of a trailer to be a PC. If the trailer or materials contained in the trailer arrive in an insanitary state, you are going to reject the trailer/contents. The material will then never make it into your facility to cause food safety concerns downstream.

Marshall

Why have you determined these to be PC'S?

Temperature, I can understand, for those materials that may be subject to pathogen growth if temperatures are not maintained.

I wouldn't consider the sanitary condition of a trailer to be a PC. If the trailer or materials contained in the trailer arrive in an insanitary state, you are going to reject the trailer/contents. The material will then never make it into your facility to cause food safety concerns downstream.

Marshall

A stamp is acceptable as long as you initial it.

Similar Discussion Topics
Pre-Shipment Review SQF Review document Management Review using Pyramid for KPI BRC annual management review and internal audit running less than a year? Scheduling of Management Review in relation to Unannounced audit Pre-shipment Review 9 CFR 417.5 Procedure for approving suppliers of services and annual review for their performance SQF - Frequency of specification review BRCGS 3.5.3.3 - Supplier of Services Review SQF Management Review - Meaning of Senior Site Management?