What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Process for filling BBQ sauce from totes

Started by , Oct 03 2022 05:19 PM
5 Replies

Need advice, i purchased BBQ Sauce in a 2000lbs tote, it was Hot Filled by my supplier, however i am being asked to pack into 16oz glass bottles, would i need to heat the sauce up as in the Hot fill process in order to pack it into 16oz bottles?

thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC 22000 V6 Risk-based change management process Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Is Our Non-Dairy Sweet Sauce Process Adequately Safe for Scaling Up Without Hot Filling? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan SQF Re-Certification Process?
[Ad]

You need your filling process evaluated by a Process Authority then file the product with the FDA. You need all the hazards analyzed and documented for this process.

Do you know the pH of the product. This will make a difference too.

The Ph of the bbq sauce is 3.63, we will heat it up to 200 F and then bottle in glass bottles

Do you know the pH of the product. This will make a difference too.

ph is 3.63

When I used to work at a plant that made BBQ sauce - we used this article for validation of our process.

https://foodsafety.w...osing a Hot.pdf

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC 22000 V6 Risk-based change management process Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Is Our Non-Dairy Sweet Sauce Process Adequately Safe for Scaling Up Without Hot Filling? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan SQF Re-Certification Process? VACCP assestment for process and raw material Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Cleaning Process and Chemicals Process Authority Recommendations? BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control