What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to deal with a potential new hire with a broken foot?

Started by , Sep 21 2022 05:31 PM
6 Replies

Hello All,

I run QC at a small honey packaging company. I have a potential new hire who has a broken foot. This person has a boot they are supposed to wear for 6 weeks. 

It is not a cast but a large, plastic, open-toed pressure boot.

What if she wore a bag over it? I don't like that solution, but it is the only one I'm coming up with.

What is everyone's thoughts on the matter?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance!

Respectfully,

Graham S

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry Is HACCP broken? Foot Bath Sanitizers Broken Glass Policy for a Distributor Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes?
[Ad]

What about health & safety? Are your personnel wearing still toed shoes/boots? If not - I think wearing a bag over a boot would be ok - provided, it will be replaced with a clean one every day.

A plastic bag over a boot sounds like a slip hazard, doubly so if the environment is wet.

A plastic bag over a boot sounds like a slip hazard, doubly so if the environment is wet.

I doubt it's wet environment: honey packing company. Graham, is it wet? 

Cover it 

I'm assuming in honey, the floors are not wet, and that the process is still quite manual

Have her start after it's healed. You would probably not accommodate a current employee with this.
1 Like
I actually agree with Setanta and would add that I've been in a number of honey processing facilities and I doubt given the conditions from dry, to wet as well as sticky this would not be a good idea.

Similar Discussion Topics
Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry Is HACCP broken? Foot Bath Sanitizers Broken Glass Policy for a Distributor Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes? Broken drum seals SOP How to deal with delayed audits? Updating a broken SQF system Appropriate concentration for iodine sanitizer solution in foot mat What action can be taken for broken tamper bands and seals on a received honey tote?