What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Ingredient Declaration for a humectant powder

Started by , Sep 20 2022 06:36 PM
2 Replies

Hello all,

I am in need of youur help.

We are using a humctant powder in our cookies for stability.  It also adds shelf life but we are not using it for that function.

The ingredient declaration is as follows:

Humectant powder (rice syrup, grape juice concentrate, vegetable fiber)

In Canada,  do I need to group the rice syrup and grape juice concentrate as sugars in the component declaration?

(i.e Humectant powder (Sugars [rice syrup, grape juice concentrate], vegetable fiber)

Also, do I need to state humectant powder?  or can I just list the components into my ingredient declaration.

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

KBMB

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Using Apple Juice as ingredient Ingredient statement when using a dry form of an ingredient Manufacturer Input form & Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form USA Ingredient List- "Rubbed with..." in list Water as an ingredient?
[Ad]

It's not required to state grouped sugars - but it wouldn't do any harm if you do it. Only one of our customers (Loblaw) requires that - others are ok with regular statements.

Also, you ca list the components of humectant powder in your ingredient declaration. 

We have a customer who exports to Canada, and have this guide on hand to use when labeling products with sugar in them for Canada.  It may help.  

Attached Files

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Using Apple Juice as ingredient Ingredient statement when using a dry form of an ingredient Manufacturer Input form & Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form USA Ingredient List- "Rubbed with..." in list Water as an ingredient? Ingredient risk assesment Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Non-food grade ingredient What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? How to control salt water brine as an ingredient?