What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New to Food Safety Management and New To the Forums

Started by , Aug 19 2022 04:22 PM
11 Replies

Only recently obtained my PCQI certification but I'm now tasked with building a food safety program for the bakery I've been baking at for years. Any information that's specific to bakeries would be much appreciated

Currently finishing up my first pass at hazard analysis

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement UK verification /tests on importend food Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification
[Ad]

Hi, welcome to the forum! I like your name: ciabatta is my favorite bread, especially with olives, yum:) I used to work for bakeries and it's pretty hard job due to multiple ingredients. Good luck to you!

Welcome!!
Welcome 🤗
Mee toooo - favorite bread!

Welcome!

Hi, 

Welcome to the forum! 

Bakerpedia and AIB are great resources to check out for initial information on HACCP. The latter having a kill step calculator to help with that portion of your HACCP analysis. The FDA has a risk analysis spread sheet that I personally prefer for that portion of the HACCP plan. If you have non-common allergens you will want to get allergen swabs as the FDA is focusing on this this year at the bakeries I know FS folks at. You are going to find a lot of opposing opinions here about baking being a CCP. Be ready to make your own choice and stand by it as both sides have very great points.  Best of Luck! 

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Good luck in setting up your HACCP plan and getting to know the lovely field of food safety.

Welcome!

If your bakery has been operating for years already, it's likely you already have a food safety program already mostly done for you.  The fsp is merely a collection of all the programs and policies your bakery operates under.  If they haven't already compiled them into a cohesive FSQMS, then you'll have your work cut out for you to get them organized.  Such are the challenges of the job.

1 Like

Only recently obtained my PCQI certification but I'm now tasked with building a food safety program for the bakery I've been baking at for years. Any information that's specific to bakeries would be much appreciated

Currently finishing up my first pass at hazard analysis

Dont forget to think about the hazards with conveying the dough and bread. Open environment = Opportunities for foreign material and post-bake environmental contamination. 

Hello Ciabatta, 

Welcome! 

Welcome!

If your bakery has been operating for years already, it's likely you already have a food safety program already mostly done for you.  The fsp is merely a collection of all the programs and policies your bakery operates under.  If they haven't already compiled them into a cohesive FSQMS, then you'll have your work cut out for you to get them organized.  Such are the challenges of the job.

We had an outdated HACCP plan when the FDA showed up and that was about it

It's been a whirlwind of learning and work ever since. Finished up Hazard Analysis and our Process Controls and moving on to Vendor Verification and Environmental Monitoring

Similar Discussion Topics
Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement UK verification /tests on importend food Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification No food from Chine Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging Food Fraud Assessment Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Food Defense