What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone use draft blockers at the bottom corners of trailers when loading and unloading?

Started by , Aug 18 2022 07:48 PM
3 Replies

Hi everyone, I have a question. At my last facility we had to use draft blockers at the bottom corners of the trailers that we were loading or unloading. My current facility was not using these when I came on board. I have since purchased a set for us to use. Does anyone else use these and are they really necessary?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Loading Hazardous with Non-Hazardous Products SQF 13.6.3.3: Food Packaging Transportation - Sealed Trailers BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft Unloading Trailers with Open Dock Doors Draft Non-conformance Record
[Ad]
In my travels I have seen them in use. Annexes are more likely to be in use.

It all depends on the risk and what you have assessed as risk.  I've been at places that had them and some that didn't.  No issues during audits with either one.  Pest control was pretty sound though with no real hits along the dock area.

I think it's personally best practice to have something - whether an those dock shelters, air curtains, or draft blockers, if you have light leaks. If you don't have a good seal when the trailers are loading/unloading you can have insects enter, even small rodents if the gaps are large enough. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Loading Hazardous with Non-Hazardous Products SQF 13.6.3.3: Food Packaging Transportation - Sealed Trailers BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 7 Draft Unloading Trailers with Open Dock Doors Draft Non-conformance Record Does anyone have a sanitation program for trailers? Are chemical supplier trailers required to use seals or tamper evidence? SQF 9.6.6 Loading, Transport, and Unloading Practices BRCGS - Food Safety Clause 4.6.6 - Draft version 9 SQF Edition 9 - Draft for Public Comment