What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRCGS 7.3 Medical Screening for Return or Visit to Site after foreign travel or holiday

Started by , Aug 16 2022 09:15 AM
4 Replies

I am reviewing our site Medical Screening procedure. There is reference to Medical Screening for Return/Visit to Site after foreign travel or holiday. The BRCGS standard and interpretation don't seem to specifically mention this. 

I guess the thought behind this is potentially increased or different exposure to infectious diseases

Is this a throw back to a previous standard version?

How do you approach this at your site?

My site is located in the UK.

Is there any guidance on which countries may be a cause for concern or should all foreign trips be subject to Technical review?

:helpplease:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Documentation Requirements for BRCGS Non-Conformance Summary BRCGS Requirement: Testing Metal Detectable Items on All Metal Detectors? Does BRCGS Clause 3.11.4 Apply to Incidents Involving Products Excluded from Audit Scope? What does BRCGS say on maintenance? Is a Written Procedure Required for Existing Products According to BRCGS Clause 5.1.1?
[Ad]

Hi Prop Tech,

We use a similar form for returning to work after holiday. Based in UK also.

Ours ask if you have been to a foreign country and then it would be down to current situations to evaluate the threat the country poses. I.e.: Africa and Yellow Fever/ Malaria, or certain countries with a high rate of Monkey Pox etc.

1 Like1 Thank

If you need a guide on Monkey Pox - see below. From the Institute of Food Safety at Cornell University.

https://institutefor...0e010-448390188

1 Thank

jst23 how do you manage/police staff informing you of their intention to travel abroad? I feel I would be better to go down the route of 'Staff are asked to inform the management team when they travel abroad' rather than 'Staff Must inform'. We have a lot of staff and to be honest I would have no idea if most of them were in their back gardens or kayaking the congo.

jst23 how do you manage/police staff informing you of their intention to travel abroad? I feel I would be better to go down the route of 'Staff are asked to inform the management team when they travel abroad' rather than 'Staff Must inform'. We have a lot of staff and to be honest I would have no idea if most of them were in their back gardens or kayaking the congo.

Being a smaller team I imagine it is a lot easier.

Other that requesting staff inform your of there travels. Upon their return to work staff are asked if they've been aboard and if so: Where. What more can you really do to police it?

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Documentation Requirements for BRCGS Non-Conformance Summary BRCGS Requirement: Testing Metal Detectable Items on All Metal Detectors? Does BRCGS Clause 3.11.4 Apply to Incidents Involving Products Excluded from Audit Scope? What does BRCGS say on maintenance? Is a Written Procedure Required for Existing Products According to BRCGS Clause 5.1.1? New to BRCGS looking for tips to get started What does BRCGS say about hold material? Protective Clothing as per BRCGS Packaging Switching from BRCGS to SQF BRCGS Module 13 FSMA