Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2022 - 05:32 PM

Please can anyone advise the correct procedure for when personnel travels between low risk and high risk/care facilities when access to the high risk facility is only possible through a low risk production zone.

To gain access to the low risk production zone, personnel will need to go through a changing and hand wash procedure that is compliant with BRC standards. However, what is then needed when personnel go into high risk from low risk without leaving the factory?

There is a changing room in between low risk and high risk with a soft barrier (step over kerb) within it to denote the separate risk zones. Is it feasible to allow personnel to go into this changing room (from low risk) and remove their mob cap / hairnet, production coat and footwear in this area before moving through the other part of the changing room and going through the high risk changing process - i.e. new mob cap, new footwear, hand wash, high risk coat, hand wash then enter the high risk area.

Or, would we need to ensure that hair is not uncovered in this area as, technically, it is still within a production zone facility and therefore personnel would need to place a new mob cap on over their existing one?

My question is mainly focused on whether we are able to treat that changing area as non-production zone (and completely remove mob cap and production clothing) or do we need treat it as a production zone (and not remove mob caps, etc.) - I'm not asking what the high risk changing procedure is.

Thanks

Danny

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,283 posts
  • 1307 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 13 July 2022 - 04:58 AM

Hi Danny,

It is a changing area, you can do what you want to as long as you justify it logically.

You are going to change footwear.

The question is do you put a high risk coat over the low risk coat? and a high risk mob cap over a low risk mob cap? or do you take off the coat and mob cap? or a combination of the two?

In my view the best option is to change footwear and coats and to put a high risk mob cap over the low risk one.

Kind regards,

Tony

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5669 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 13 July 2022 - 05:43 AM

Please can anyone advise the correct procedure for when personnel travels between low risk and high risk/care facilities when access to the high risk facility is only possible through a low risk production zone.

To gain access to the low risk production zone, personnel will need to go through a changing and hand wash procedure that is compliant with BRC standards. However, what is then needed when personnel go into high risk from low risk without leaving the factory?

There is a changing room in between low risk and high risk with a soft barrier (step over kerb) within it to denote the separate risk zones. Is it feasible to allow personnel to go into this changing room (from low risk) and remove their mob cap / hairnet, production coat and footwear in this area before moving through the other part of the changing room and going through the high risk changing process - i.e. new mob cap, new footwear, hand wash, high risk coat, hand wash then enter the high risk area.

Or, would we need to ensure that hair is not uncovered in this area as, technically, it is still within a production zone facility and therefore personnel would need to place a new mob cap on over their existing one?

My question is mainly focused on whether we are able to treat that changing area as non-production zone (and completely remove mob cap and production clothing) or do we need treat it as a production zone (and not remove mob caps, etc.) - I'm not asking what the high risk changing procedure is.

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny.

afaik, in text books this area is typically defined as an (ideally 2D Plane)  Interface which obviously begs yr question. :smile:

I suspect operational answers may partly depend on the Product/Process/ precise layout of yr changing room. ie risk of introducing contamination.

IIRC, BRC's transfer expectations are also covered in some detail in their separately published  "monograph" on High Risk Processes. !st Ed is quoted elsewhere on this Forum.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users