What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRCGS 4.7.7 - Engineering Workshops

Started by , Jul 11 2022 10:06 AM
2 Replies

Hi there,

We have a small workshop external to the production area in a cargo container. However, in this workshop we keep a small amount of raw material and have equipment designed to slit this raw material down (foil for hot foiling). This workshops is kept external to satisfy clause 4.7.7, but obviously the small amount of material poses a risk. What would be the best way round this, a risk assessment to cover the inclusion of a small amouunt of material in the workshop?

Cheers.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does the BRCGS standard require metal detection test packs to be locked up when not in use? Does anyone have a BRCGS - Storage and Distribution gap analysis template? Documentation Requirements for BRCGS Non-Conformance Summary BRCGS Requirement: Testing Metal Detectable Items on All Metal Detectors? Does BRCGS Clause 3.11.4 Apply to Incidents Involving Products Excluded from Audit Scope?
[Ad]

I can think of the other way around.

That place can be classified as a temporary mini-warehouse and the 4.7.7 conformity is in doubt again since it says:

"Engineering workshops shall be controlled to prevent transfer of engineering debris to production or storage areas"

I can think of the other way around.

That place can be classified as a temporary mini-warehouse and the 4.7.7 conformity is in doubt again since it says:

"Engineering workshops shall be controlled to prevent transfer of engineering debris to production or storage areas"

Yeah it would still pose an issue if you classed it as a mini warehouse. We haven't really got the option of moving this slitter and thus the small amount of foil that goes along with it. I think I'll end up risk assessing it and hoping that should be okay.

Similar Discussion Topics
Does the BRCGS standard require metal detection test packs to be locked up when not in use? Does anyone have a BRCGS - Storage and Distribution gap analysis template? Documentation Requirements for BRCGS Non-Conformance Summary BRCGS Requirement: Testing Metal Detectable Items on All Metal Detectors? Does BRCGS Clause 3.11.4 Apply to Incidents Involving Products Excluded from Audit Scope? What does BRCGS say on maintenance? Is a Written Procedure Required for Existing Products According to BRCGS Clause 5.1.1? New to BRCGS looking for tips to get started What does BRCGS say about hold material? Protective Clothing as per BRCGS Packaging