What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Carcass meat scoring or grading

Started by , Jun 21 2022 04:17 AM
4 Replies

Hello guiys

I'm Mark from Philippines, BTW I' am QA Officer in Plant Operation, Slaughter and Cutting Plant Production, My concern is we have been doing a study on pH of meat carcass and carcass grading or scoring but we don’t find any reference regarding the carcass grading (red meat: 5.4 to 6.2) this pH standard source from Food Standard Agency.

Thanks in advance :)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standards for Visible Cracked Veins in Carcass Carcass temperature measurement from OPRP to PRP What is limit of Chlorine Concentration in carcass washing What is the shelf life of chilled carcass meat? Can you freeze meat carcass on last day of shelf life?
[Ad]

Are you talking about intact muscle cuts or value added?

Why are you concerned about pH??

Hello Scampi

Im talking about raw material after receiving a pork carcass to conduct pH for raw meat (classify as: Red Meat).

Thanks

Are you worried about DFD and PSE meats?

Hello Marloes,

Part of also the RFN, I cant find any reference for Pork Carcass/Meat grading to study the marblings and color score.

Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Standards for Visible Cracked Veins in Carcass Carcass temperature measurement from OPRP to PRP What is limit of Chlorine Concentration in carcass washing What is the shelf life of chilled carcass meat? Can you freeze meat carcass on last day of shelf life? Salmonella infected in chicken carcass meat Poultry carcass disinfection