What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Ideal Microwave Bowl for Double magnetron Microwave oven

Started by , Apr 01 2022 05:25 AM
6 Replies

Hi Every one, 

Good day, 

We are using Double Magnetron Microwave oven to reheat some of the liquid and protein. We used Tupper quality microwave bowl. However, the bowls are getting melted and damaged over the period of usage. We are currently reheating around 50  times every day. Would like to understand which bowl or materials suitable for our kind of applications.

The maximum temperature reach up to 120-140 Degree Celsius for 3-4 Mins .Preferably look for non-fragile one materials composition.

Appreciate your helps in advance. 

Regards,

Baskaran.G.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ideal Organizational Chart for a food manufacturing company? What is the ideal way to move forward to ISO-FSSC 22000 Ideal HACCP food flow in bakery operations Ideal product recall team structure and duties Ideal Packing Temp & %relative humidity for hygroscopic product
[Ad]

You should invest in a double boiler instead---no more microwave  buy a hot plate, put the double boiler on that

plus, you can then use stainless steel and not plastic which is much easier to clean and/or sterilize

Thanks Scampi. However, entire operating model using Microwave. Would like to know any suitable materials will sustain our preparation or reheating applications. 

Have you tried glass? Ideally you would never put cold glass in a microwave, but room temperature should be OK
1 Thank

The repeated microwaving isn't affecting your protein %?  Protein degrades pretty rapidly

1 Like

Have you tried glass? Ideally you would never put cold glass in a microwave, but room temperature should be OK

Yes, tried with glass but due to fragile nature the materials not become operational friendly ( Contamination risk and repeat change over / maintenance) 

Secondly, product level reheating we don't carried out for multiple times. Only bowl would be used for multiple time. We reheat the product once 

Although I do not know what your process is, it seems unusual to me that you would reuse the bowl 50 times per day. 

Is it cleaned between uses? If not, I would worry about residual protein and microorganism growth.

Maybe a disposable option like this? 

https://www.webstaur.../129MCR16B.html

Or you could look in to silicone. Not sure what size you need, but I have great luck with silicone mats and bakeware.

Similar Discussion Topics
Ideal Organizational Chart for a food manufacturing company? What is the ideal way to move forward to ISO-FSSC 22000 Ideal HACCP food flow in bakery operations Ideal product recall team structure and duties Ideal Packing Temp & %relative humidity for hygroscopic product What is the ideal size of the sieves for pulping mango?