What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Labelling Question - declaring Potato Starch

Started by , Mar 28 2022 11:52 AM
4 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a debate with myself, perhaps someone can settle it.

Where grated cheese is used in a product that contains potato starch - should the potato starch always be declared on the ingredients list with the cheese?

E.G Cheddar Cheese (contains potato starch) OR Cheddar Cheese

Thanks,

Lucy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Nutritional Labelling US Market Hello, what are the labelling requirements for B2B in the EU? Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Labelling af flavor in the US Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software?
[Ad]

Hi Lucy,

(depending on your country), in this case I m not sure the question is whether to label the potato starch, but whether you need to list the ingredients of the cheese?

It needs to be declared

How you declare it will depend on the regulations of the country of sale at retail

Apologies, this is for sale in UK

I m not sure about post-Brexit UK regulations, but following EU regulation EU 1169/2011 Annex 7 Part E, you need to list all the ingredients of the cheese as it contains further ingredients as those listed in EU1169/2011 Art.19 d) - unless you can find a workaround in Art. 20 but I m not sure anticaking agents can be considered as processing aids. 

Also, still in EU regulation, "contains X" is not a valid list of ingredients. 

When in doubt about similar questions, I used to look up products I knew would have the same issues produced by leading brands and take inspiration from those =)

Similar Discussion Topics
Nutritional Labelling US Market Hello, what are the labelling requirements for B2B in the EU? Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Labelling af flavor in the US Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Sales samples labelling Potassium salt labelling Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance FDA Labelling Requirements for non consumers packages Storage Instructions on Labelling