What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is the best type of auditing scope for a distribution center?

Started by , Mar 23 2022 02:41 PM
1 Reply

Good morning!  

I am curious to know your thoughts regarding the best type of auditing scope for a distribution center. 

Background: We are opening a food storage and distribution center in another state for frozen, refrigerated and ambient food products. My current site is also a DC, but primarily is a frozen veg/fruit repacking plant which is SQF certified FSC 14, 25, 26.  I am looking to get our new facility certified/inspected in some capacity. 

SQF is not the appropriate fit for our new site as staffing and resources will be very lean, i.e. no SQF Practitioner and alternate. Although I know I could get the site certified, I honestly do not believe the program would be properly maintained.

This model also needs to be duplicated for additional DCs that will be opening in the near future. I am exploring different GMP schemes; AIB Consolidated GMPs, MXNS's DC Audits, etc. and wanted your opinions on accredited vs inspection audits. 

I have only operated within the world of SQF; so I see similarities between SQF and the GMP/DC inspections, but as far as customer expectation go, is a GMP inspection generally seen as adequate? 

Thanks everyone! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Manufacturing (missing, blending, extruding) Scope Scope of outsourced distribution What could be the root cause for a non-conformance related to scope determination and documentation in an ISO 22000 Stage 1 audit? How should glass and brittle plastics be managed in trucks and hysters that enter and exit scope areas? Does anyone have a BRCGS - Storage and Distribution gap analysis template?
[Ad]

The company I work for is currently adding a DC site.  We are utilizing BRC.  They have a "storage and distribution" standard that fits the need.  Our other facilities are also BRC certified, so that helps us keep costs down to a point.

Similar Discussion Topics
Manufacturing (missing, blending, extruding) Scope Scope of outsourced distribution What could be the root cause for a non-conformance related to scope determination and documentation in an ISO 22000 Stage 1 audit? How should glass and brittle plastics be managed in trucks and hysters that enter and exit scope areas? Does anyone have a BRCGS - Storage and Distribution gap analysis template? Do we include third party manufacturing products in our FSSC 22000 scope? Does a change in managing product design drawings affect the audit scope for a manufacturing plant? What type of ATP swab to validate CIP in dairy industry How Does FSSC 22000 Address Trade Products in Its Certification Scope? Does BRCGS Clause 3.11.4 Apply to Incidents Involving Products Excluded from Audit Scope?