What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Out of hours CCP monitoring - temperature

Started by , Mar 09 2022 01:59 PM
5 Replies

Hi All,

I'm wondering whether anyone has some suggestions on how we can monitor a cooling CCP out of hours?

We are looking to increase our cooling time limit to 4 hours on pies, however, this would lead to the final bakes needing a temp. check out of production hours.

Does anyone else have this problem and, if so, how have you overcome it?

I know data loggers may be one solution but would love to hear some other suggestions.

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Expected Work Hours for FSQA Environmental Monitoring and Reportable Foods Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Guidelines for Corrective and Preventive Actions for Carcass Core Temperature CCP in Chicken Processing
[Ad]

A simple temperature chart works pretty well as long as it is reviewed frequently enough.

dataloggers that work off wifi, then if it fails the time/temp requirement, you'd know right away, not waiting until the following am

Are you planning on filling your chiller more than usual? that will also impact your chill time

How are you taking temperatures. In the air temperature in the box or in the actual product. In the actual product would be hard to do without anyone there.

dataloggers that work off wifi, then if it fails the time/temp requirement, you'd know right away, not waiting until the following am

Are you planning on filling your chiller more than usual? that will also impact your chill time

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.

We are currently working on a 2.5 hours limit but introducing some larger products that take longer to chill down, hence the need to increase our limit but stick within guidelines. 

I'm thinking dataloggers will be the only option on the later batches.

How are you taking temperatures. In the air temperature in the box or in the actual product. In the actual product would be hard to do without anyone there.

From the actual product.

I know you can get temperature loggers that have multiple probes, which would allow the CCP operator to check the time/temp the following morning and put corrective actions in place if needed. However, wanted to see if there were any other options available. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Expected Work Hours for FSQA Environmental Monitoring and Reportable Foods Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Guidelines for Corrective and Preventive Actions for Carcass Core Temperature CCP in Chicken Processing Allergen monitoring in FSSC 22000 version 6 Temperature Taking for Shipping and Receiving Products Storage temperature of pasteurized milk Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging Cooler storage temperature failure