What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microbiological Air swab

Started by , Feb 17 2022 10:14 AM
5 Replies

Hi guys, Can u help me,

I want to ask you about Microbiological swab, in my factory we do an air swab for TPC parameters. if the result we get exceed the standart that have been set. what are the steps or methods that must be done to fix the problem.

Thank you guys,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological limits for RTE product - raw sunflower kernels Microbiological Testing Training Example of a Comprehensive Product Description Incorporating Chemical, Physical, and Microbiological Properties Microbiological specifications for refined vegetable oils Microbiological specification dairy products
[Ad]

You could look at environmental hygiene in terms of surface cleanliness and sanitation- which will have some impact on your airborne micro. Beyond that, I've heard of people using air filters with UV lights to bring airborne into check. Another option would be to fog the area with sanitiser after a deep clean, but that normally comes with health and safety risks.

1 Like1 Thank

Hi guys, Can u help me,

I want to ask you about Microbiological swab, in my factory we do an air swab for TPC parameters. if the result we get exceed the standart that have been set. what are the steps or methods that must be done to fix the problem.

Thank you guys,

Hi Maya,

What kind of Product / Process is involved ?

Can you explain what you mean by "air swab" ? A settle Plate ?

What results do you get ?

We have also found huge differences between before and after cleaning our air-socks and air/cooling systems. Dirt can get trapped in your filters and thus be blown out of the system.

When was the last time your air system and filters were cleaned? Were they cleaned properly?

1 Thank

Hi Maya,

Our product is a frozen shrimp, we do a swab for 

Hi Maya,

- We are engaged in frozen shrimp production.

- we do air microbiological testing, by doing air swabs, we put agar media (PCA) in the room to be tested for air quality for 4 hours. after that it was incubated for 48 hours, after that the analysis was carried out.

the results we get, the TPC value exceeds the specified limit

How often does your facility gets thawed down and fully cleaned? It might be that cleaning is not as effective when the temperatures are too low.
I am pretty sure that this issue can be resolved with proper cleaning.

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological limits for RTE product - raw sunflower kernels Microbiological Testing Training Example of a Comprehensive Product Description Incorporating Chemical, Physical, and Microbiological Properties Microbiological specifications for refined vegetable oils Microbiological specification dairy products Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit