What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Document Control Principles for Shelf Labels

Started by , Feb 16 2022 03:56 PM
6 Replies

Hello,

I am updating our document control system and wondering how others apply document control principles to shelf labels, within the actual sign itself.

Do you apply any kind of version control to the shelf label or possess any headers and footers? I had done so initially, but there is a lot of clutter within the document and I'm wondering what you would consider essential items to be there. I currently only have the company logo and coded title.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is document conversion necessary for FSSC 22000 from NSF/ANSI 173? SQF Review document Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control
[Ad]

Hi Sebastian, welcome to the forum! What do you mean by "shelf label"? It's a price tag, and it relates to retail not manufacturing, isn't it? Or it's something different? 

Hi Sebastian, welcome to the forum! What do you mean by "shelf label"? It's a price tag, and it relates to retail not manufacturing, isn't it? Or it's something different? 

Thanks for the welcome and asking me to clarify. I mean that these are labels for standard item spots for supplies, packaging materials, finished goods, etc.

Hi Sebastian,

Just curious to know that why you are giving version number to shelf label as e.g. you are using label to represent Bread  as ""BREAD", then what's going to change bread is going be bread always.

Eg. we have store and we keep  almost 17 type of bread  and just label the shelf with that particular type and keep that bread on that shelf, that's it.

if label is ripped , just replace with new label. 

Thanks 

If it's just a label identifying a storage spot for ingred's/pack. materials/supplies - I don't think it's a document. What's your GFSI scheme definition of document?

Hi Sebastian,

Just curious to know that why you are giving version number to shelf label as e.g. you are using label to represent Bread  as ""BREAD", then what's going to change bread is going be bread always.

Eg. we have store and we keep  almost 17 type of bread  and just label the shelf with that particular type and keep that bread on that shelf, that's it.

if label is ripped , just replace with new label. 

Thanks 

This is what I thought. I was only including the logo and inconspicuous coding to ensure that the names and SKUs used have been reviewed by the QA team, and not haphazardly applied by staff; which could lead to errors and obstruct inventory locations for other items.

Ohk.. for that you can write a program that QA reviews the Shelf label weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly based on the risk you mentioned above then maintain a record.

Record could be ready to use e.g. on left hand description of  all the labels , IL number then on  right hand side QA verification (will be check mark if all good).

Thanks

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Is document conversion necessary for FSSC 22000 from NSF/ANSI 173? SQF Review document Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document Does anyone have a template of validation document? Commissioning document template for new equipment sign off