What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Tote Dumping live raw crabs onto a conveyor belt

Started by , Feb 01 2022 11:20 PM
3 Replies

Hello Everyone, 

I work in a seafood processing facility and use large tote dumps to place live raw crabs onto a conveyor belt. My concern is that water from the bottom (floor) of the tote will get on to product and equipment. The only solution I can think of is to stop the tote from going past 90 degrees creating a lot more work for employees. Any suggestions? 

The crab is cooked later in the process, however, I don't think that affects this concern. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What action can be taken for broken tamper bands and seals on a received honey tote? Bulk Tote Identification Tags Looking for Supplier Food Grade 300 gal Tote Looking for Supplier Food Grade 300 gal Tote 3,000 lbs tote of peanuts came with a tear in the tote - what to do?
[Ad]

Hey SerenaPac,

What style of tote dumper are you using? I have used two stage tote dumpers when processing raw meat in the past. The design basically allows the tote to move secondary to the pallet and helps reduce the potential of transferring foreign material or other unwanted items from the pallet.. Might be helpful, might not be. There is a financial investment required as they are not cheap. Really depends on your product/process.

Here is a link to a quick video if interested: https://youtu.be/1KjDjWCF6SE 

Hi foodguy63, 

Thank you for answering. We use a single stage tote dumper, also, the totes are make of hard plastic and placed directly on the floor, no pallets are used. 

Hi foodguy63, 

Thank you for answering. We use a single stage tote dumper, also, the totes are make of hard plastic and placed directly on the floor, no pallets are used. 

Plastic re-washable pallets may be something worth considering? I have used them in a wide variety of conditions and they seem to hold up well. It would elevate your totes from contacting the floor, but I also understand that may not currently be possible within your process. 

Similar Discussion Topics
What action can be taken for broken tamper bands and seals on a received honey tote? Bulk Tote Identification Tags Looking for Supplier Food Grade 300 gal Tote Looking for Supplier Food Grade 300 gal Tote 3,000 lbs tote of peanuts came with a tear in the tote - what to do? Inline screen of bulk liquid tote recommendation Do we dispose or can we save spice when tote bag is ripped? Bulk Liquid Tote Cleaning