What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Peanut Free Area in a Warehouse

Started by , Jan 25 2022 07:16 PM
5 Replies

Hello all, 

We are a 3PL warehousing and transportation company with a number of Food Graded clients. We are SQF certified, and we do handle raw materials, finished products and food graded packaging material over a wide range of Temperature controlled warehousing space. 

One of our potential clients showed up asking for a Letter of Guarantee for a "Peanut Free Facility". Here my question is, can we create a separate section in our warehouse (with a partition wall) and declare that specific area as a "peanut Free zone"? As other areas in the warehouse may contain Peanuts and/or tree nuts. 

(Please note: we do not open/process any of the received items in any part of our warehouse - we are simply Receiving-storage-shipping kind of business.)

Any of your suggestions would be greatly helpful. I just don't want to reply back to the client with any dumb answers. 

Thank you everyone, in advance!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cross contamination of Raw RTE peanut roasting facility Peanut butter packaging temperature Can you be a peanut free facility with peanut oil? Less than 2ppm Peanut Labeling Is peanut-free facility for us still maintained a supplier has peanuts in their facility?
[Ad]

Can you 100% guarantee that? I mean, would that separate peanut-free zone have exclusive shipping/receiving area, personnel and so on - so, there won't be cross-connection between peanut-free and other goods flows? You see, I'm just thinking: if you issue that LOG and something would ever happen with peanut-free goods (say, peanut-related complain or whatever) - they potentially may sue you. Let's see what others will say...

1 Like1 Thank

Thanks much Olenazh, 

I really appreciate your response. 

Yes, we can have separate shipping-receiving area, separate employee entrance and a separate lunch room - exclusively for peanut-free zone.

The only thing I am wondering is, what should be precautionary measures - if some employees from non-controlled area need to visit the "Peanut Free zone"? Just washing/sanitizing hands would be enough for that? 

(we have a common food safety team, and they might need to visit the Peanut free zone - every couple of days)

Thank you..!!  :smile:

To be completely safe, your policy should include not only hand washing but changing outfit when visiting peanut-free zone. Your written policy must include all precautionary measures, personnel training, corrective actions, flow charts, and so on to cover your rear end:)

1 Like

Thanks much Olenazh. I got many of my doubts cleared. 

Thanks much once again. :) 

I don't see it.   It's still in the same facility right?   They're asking if your facility is 'peanut free'.   It's not.

3 Likes1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Cross contamination of Raw RTE peanut roasting facility Peanut butter packaging temperature Can you be a peanut free facility with peanut oil? Less than 2ppm Peanut Labeling Is peanut-free facility for us still maintained a supplier has peanuts in their facility? Peanut allergen detection Sources of Peanut Allergen in Whole Chillies USFDA limits for peanut allergen in Whole Chillies Good kit for testing treenut and peanut allergens? R&D department will be running peanut butter as a trial.