What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Filling bottles without representative packaging batch stickers

Started by , Jan 25 2022 05:15 PM

I agree with the above - label each pallet with one label then do at a later time. We do this at my facility.

We make bag in a box soups. We process the soups (cooking then blast freezer) - the whole tub of soups is labeled with one label while they cool.

Once cooled, they are individually boxed up. FDA and USDA are okay with this.

4 Replies

Hello, we recently had a stall in our production due to labels taking a while to ship.  We bottled product to keep things moving and put batch stickers on each individual bottle as identifiers.  This was time consuming and took a decent amount of effort, as these had to be removed when the labels came in and the representative packaging was applied (it also wasted a lot of labels).  I was wondering if in the future we could fill the bottles, and then quarantine them with very clear and obvious labels/identifiers.  If that is not allowable, I'll just have them use a batch sticker per bottle.  If it helps, we deal mainly with dietary supplements.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Dairy Reference Standard for Filling-Packing Room Process for filling BBQ sauce from totes Use of compressed air to fill a Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container before filling Water bottles in bottle filling room
[Ad]

Why should you label EACH bottle? Can you just label a batch (like, say, a skid of bottle cartons, or whatever, wrapped and secured)? That's what we do, always worked fine.

1 Thank

Its common for canners to produce product and label it at a latter time.

I'm not sure if there is a supplement regulation that would not allow this.  

1 Thank

I agree with the above - label each pallet with one label then do at a later time. We do this at my facility.

We make bag in a box soups. We process the soups (cooking then blast freezer) - the whole tub of soups is labeled with one label while they cool.

Once cooled, they are individually boxed up. FDA and USDA are okay with this.

1 Thank

Awesome, thank you.  I hadn't come across anything saying that I couldn't do that with dietary supplements and was looking for confirmation.  I think my coworkers got hit for something on a prior audit more based on the way they labeled a group of supplements awaiting labeling, as opposed to actually holding them before labeling.

Similar Discussion Topics
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Dairy Reference Standard for Filling-Packing Room Process for filling BBQ sauce from totes Use of compressed air to fill a Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container before filling Water bottles in bottle filling room Semi-automated or fully automatic bottle filling machine Is Pasteurization step is CCP in manufacturing/Filling of juices? Do we need to clean beverage cans before filling? Oil Bottle Filling - Cleaning Frequency Filling Documents, to save time can we put a dash instead of N/A?