Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 January 2022 - 12:55 PM

Help! I am in a bind.  I'm recent to my company (approx 9 months) and joined as a FSQA Manager.  The past 5 years I have worked in operations and the previous 6 I was in FS/QA.  This is my first facility in a LONG time that is SQF.

Our facility (2 buildings, 2 locations) is going on year 3 SQF audit.  I am registering for the upcoming audits and have discovered that the previous QA Manager registered our facilities incorrectly.  She still works at the company, so I asked her about the discrepancy that I found.  She claims our consultant told her how to register but I believe she falsified the HACCP plans in order to pay for 1 audit and not 2.  We're a small company and this is considered a 'large' expense.  She downplayed our second location as a storage/distribution building only. Our previous SQF audit (I was a 2-week only new employee at our last audit) focused primary on facility 1.  We spent about an hour at facility 2, mostly interviewing CS, Sales and accounting manager. 

Below is an accurate summary of our facilities:

Facility 1:

manufactures products

storage/distribution

Facility 2:

packages our mfg product

repackages product not manufactured in our facilities

storage/distribution

I have 9 days to register for our audit before we will be disqualified.  After numerous attempts to reach out to the consulting company for help, they have not responded to me.

I'm not sure how to handle this situation.  

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,671 posts
  • 1550 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:00 PM

Call you CB and be honest (without throwing anyone under the bus) and ask for their help................you pay them big $$$$ after all

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

jomaca

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:12 PM

I need to clarify - original post should read CB not consultant.  

I have reached out the CB several times this week (phone calls, emails) no response.  

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,671 posts
  • 1550 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:52 PM

Ah, then send an email to one of the below at SQFI directly

• LeAnn Chuboff – Vice President, Technical Affairs
  •   Kristie Grzywinski – Senior Technical Manager

https://www.sqfi.com...ist-contact-us/

I have always had good conversations with Leanne---be sure to tell her the troubles you've had with the CB---there are standards they are supposed to live up to  AND the previous audits should have caught on to what your employer had done : re: skirting the rules

Edited by Scampi, 21 January 2022 - 02:53 PM.

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users