What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Preoperational Start Up-Hygiene and Sanitation Inspections

Started by , Jan 19 2022 10:56 PM
5 Replies

Hi All, 

I inherited an SQF program that I am revamping and looking for some input on our Preoperational start up/Preoperational hygiene and sanitation inspections. We deal with a very low risk product  and I am wondering how in depth our preoperational start up needs to be. Right now our start up includes things like checking all of the doors in the whole warehouse before starting production, checking for birds and pests, checking to make sure lights have not broken, checking for pallets to be in good condition, etc. 

I feel as though some of these things I have listed may be overkill especially since we work with low risk product and have to hold up production until all of this is complete but I wanted to get others' thoughts on this as well. 

Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

Thank you,  

Chris 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

those are good to do.  I think those could be done at any time.   typically preoperation inspections involve inspecting processing equipment and area after saniation  / before commencing production.   if you are not already doing so, I would focus on those area.   

Pre-operational inspections shall be conducted following cleaning and sanitation operations to ensure food processing areas, product contact surfaces, equipment, staff amenities, sanitary facilities, and other essential areas are clean before the start
of production. Pre-operational inspections shall be conducted by qualified personnel.
1 Like

As stated above, you should be checking your production lines to ensure they are ready to go for production.

The rest of that stuff is great, but I don't think you should be holding up production while checking them, unless of course your facility is laid out in such a way that they would have a food safety/legality impact on your production lines.

Marshall

1 Like

Agree with pp

Those items should be done monthly or bi-weekly at most 

Preop should inspect the equipment and surrounding areas for cleanliness and readiness

Agree with pp

Those items should be done monthly or bi-weekly at most 

Preop should inspect the equipment and surrounding areas for cleanliness and readiness

As per Post 3, I suppose it might relate to the Product/history.

"Very low risk" is an amazingly popular category. :smile:

2 Likes

As per Post 3, I suppose it might relate to the Product/history.

"Very low risk" is an amazingly popular category. :smile:

This literally made me lol a little.......  so true.

Similar Discussion Topics