What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can you use bean for manufacturing if the shelf life has passed the expiry date?

Started by , Jan 18 2022 12:58 AM
1 Reply

Can I continue to use the bean for manufacturing if the shelf life has passed the expiry date? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification Deforested meat products shelf life label requirements Sensory Evaluation for Accelerated Shelf Life Accelerated Shelf-Life Study Testing for Shelf-life of Vital Wheat Gluten
[Ad]

Hi,

You might need to provide a bit more context about what these beans are - e.g. fresh/processed/cooked/dried etc - otherwise it's difficult to offer any sort of guidance.

Usually the best place to start for potential shelf-life extension is the raw material supplier, as even if they can't/won't give you an extension, they should at least be able to explain what testing should be conducted to determine suitability for extension, or potentially confirm why the material shouldn't be extended.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification Deforested meat products shelf life label requirements Sensory Evaluation for Accelerated Shelf Life Accelerated Shelf-Life Study Testing for Shelf-life of Vital Wheat Gluten Average Shelf Life of Beef Primals Frozen Vacuum Packed Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced