What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is there a standard color code for cleaning tools ?

Started by , Jan 14 2022 05:48 AM
3 Replies

Hi good day to all,

May I ask if there is a standard color coding for cleaning tools. because I believe cleaning tools that is in color red should only be use on rest rooms/toilets.

Thanks in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry Standard Plate Counts in RTE Foods Color-Coded Allergen Program Flour Inline Magnet Industry Standard
[Ad]

It's largely up to you (unless there is some specific regulatory requirement in your area, although not aware I've ever seen such a thing).
The key element is to define what colour can be used for what purpose, and ensure that this is clear and trained to all staff. If they're using the wrong item in the wrong area then refresher training is needed!

No standard exists for that, it's your call. However, I would use white for food contact surfaces.

I'd prefer a contrasting colour to my product(s) to spot any contamination from damaged tools.

Similar Discussion Topics
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry Standard Plate Counts in RTE Foods Color-Coded Allergen Program Flour Inline Magnet Industry Standard Master Cleaning Schedule and Warehouse Manufacturer Input form & Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form Cleaning air conditioning pipes that are high up SQF Code 13.3.3.6 - Smartwatch used for medical condition Cleaning Process and Chemicals