What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Dietary Fiber Nutrition facts labeling

Started by , Jan 12 2022 07:54 AM
5 Replies

Hi, 

I am wondering what I should prepare for nutrition labeling of dietary fiber.

1. Is there any way to estimate dietary fiber in food? or do we have to go through actual lab testing?

2. How do I not calculate xanthan gum when actual lab tsting?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Seeking Guidance on Legalizing Documents for Exporting Dietary Supplements to Kuwait Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Dietary Supplements Registration Does anyone have any information on the FDAs SSL regulations for powdered dietary supplements? New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy
[Ad]

Hello, 

I'd suggest using a reliable source for the Nutritional information of your raw materials (e.g. McCance and Widdowson) - or the suppliers information then use a calculation for your finished product. 

When we launch a new product, we always send samples for nutrition testing to the accredited lab. 

Thanks for your reply!

Speaking specifically on US fda nutrition facts, its said that "firms must keep records for those foods that contain both non-digestible carbohydrates that do meet the regulatory definition of dietary fiber and added non-digestible carbohydrates that do not meet the definition of dietary fiber" 

but when testing to the accredited lab it does not sperate dietary fiber and non-digestible carbs. And I am wondering how i should differentiate the two

Hi all, 

I am a new importer of food into US. I would like some help regarding nutrition facts labeling specifically on dietary fiber

I know that certain carbs are not considered dietary fiber and must be exempt from the calculation and fda said that "firms must keep records for those foods that contain both non-digestible carbohydrates that do meet the regulatory definition of dietary fiber and added non-digestible carbohydrates that do not meet the definition of dietary fiber" 

but when testing in a lab, it does not sperate dietary fiber and non-digestible carbs. And I am wondering how i should differentiate the two, is there any way to estimate?

THanks!

Hi jecco,

Please avoid posting duplicate requests. It causes confusion.

Similar Discussion Topics
Seeking Guidance on Legalizing Documents for Exporting Dietary Supplements to Kuwait Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Dietary Supplements Registration Does anyone have any information on the FDAs SSL regulations for powdered dietary supplements? New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Dietary Supplements NSF 455-2 vs SQF FDA GMP 111 Dietary Supplements How crucial is having a verifier in dietary supplement production? Pesticide analysis for dietary supplements NSF ANSI 455-2 vs SQF - Dietary Supplements