What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Return Product Procedure

Started by , Jan 05 2022 06:13 AM
5 Replies

Hello Guiys! Do you have sample procedure for Returned Products (Process Step/Guidelines/Process Flow). Ive been preparing for HACCP documentation. BTW, I worked in Food Manufacturing company in Meat Operations (Slaughtering/Value Added Product).

Sample file that might addressed in food manufacturing is a big help. 

Hoping for your help.

Thank you :)

Have a great day

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Return On Investment of Product Inspection Devices Return On Investment of Product Inspection Devices BRCGS 7.3 Medical Screening for Return or Visit to Site after foreign travel or holiday Wood pallet return program with customers
[Ad]

I would not accept returns in that industry UNLESS your procedure is to send them directly to the offal bin and you're allowing it as a customer service item

the risks are just too high

I'm in shell eggs we allow returns ONLY because if they are not broken, they are still viable, good date code eggs go to the liquid egg facility, bad codes go to our pet feed 

I agree with Scampi. We process meat items and refrigerated FDA items. We only allow 'returns' if they came from the distribution warehouse which is owned by the same company/still in our control.

But on our company we do accept return and have stored in separated storage to filter for rework or other processing.

Do you have sample Flow Diagram or Process Flow Step that might helpful to me for establishing SOP.

Thank you

did you perform a risk assessment on returns? Does your process have a kill step?  How do you evaluate the wholesomeness of these returns?

Hello Scampi,

Actually I have disposition parameters for RETURN PRODUCT from Inferior Quality, Substandard Specification, GMP Violation, Packaging Defect and so on. I would say that my parameters for my disposition is enough to have on process for kill step. What I have to know is a sample flow for my establishing a FLOW PROGRAM.

Similar Discussion Topics
Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Return On Investment of Product Inspection Devices Return On Investment of Product Inspection Devices BRCGS 7.3 Medical Screening for Return or Visit to Site after foreign travel or holiday Wood pallet return program with customers Customer Return Investigation Filling out Nonconformances to return to SQF auditor Looking for SOP for Market Return Material Return to Work Form after Illness and Vacation Return to vendor template or report