What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it necessary to get every policy and procedure physically signed of?

Started by , Dec 10 2021 08:39 PM
5 Replies

Good morning Everyone,

i am just wondering if we need to get every policy and procedure physically signed off.

In my previous company we used to mention "Prepared by" and "Approved by". Although it was approved by senior person (made after discussion with him) but never used to get physical signature on it.

Please advise 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Labels and Labelling Procedure Is a Written Procedure Required for Existing Products According to BRCGS Clause 5.1.1? Can documents or records be signed electronically? Procedure for Load and Unload Maintenance Policy
[Ad]

We do not have signatures on everything

The HACCP plan, yes

Mandatory sections of SQF, yes

That's pretty much it

I can echo Scampi's advice from a BRC perspective - HACCP plan and key top-level policy statements are physically signed, but no physical signatures on other procedures etc.

We did signatures for the longest time, but do not any more.

We cover these in our meetings and the agenda shows each policy or procedure as an action item. Then people initial their attendance on the meeting sign up.

Thanks everyone :)!

We have an electronic system so the approver does this electronically

Similar Discussion Topics
Labels and Labelling Procedure Is a Written Procedure Required for Existing Products According to BRCGS Clause 5.1.1? Can documents or records be signed electronically? Procedure for Load and Unload Maintenance Policy Risk assessment of clothing and hair policy Sample Kosher and Vegan Policy Changeover procedure for transition of FSSC22000 V5.1 to V6 How can a food loss and waste policy be included within a food safety and quality policy? Any food product naming policy in EU?