What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Mid-shift cleaning procedure

Started by , Nov 29 2021 02:53 PM
2 Replies

I have been tasked with creating a procedure for mid-shift cleaning for a set of production tables. It will be used in the rare instances that we process an allergen before a non-allergen

The problem is the production tables are in the same production area as other tables and equipment. Can we justify mid-shift cleaning if the tables aren't segregated in there own room? 

If so, what are some examples of statements I should include in the procedure to communicate to an auditor or inspector that the mid-shift cleaning doesn't affect the other food contact surfaces in the area?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Procedure for Load and Unload Master Cleaning Schedule and Wareshouse Cleaning air conditioning pipes that are high up Cleaning Process and Chemicals
[Ad]

What kind of allergens do you have in house, I would list the allergens first and write the mid-shift cleaning procedure.  Do you do swab tests on the food contact surfaces? if so I'd suggest you to add that on your procedure to prove your cleaning procedure works. 

I hope this helps.  

What kind of allergens do you have in house, I would list the allergens first and write the mid-shift cleaning procedure.  Do you do swab tests on the food contact surfaces? if so I'd suggest you to add that on your procedure to prove your cleaning procedure works. 

I hope this helps.  

We have mustard, soy and eggs. We don't currently do mid-shift cleaning so we don't have a history of doing allergen swabbing, but plan on using the swabs to validate the cleaning procedure. 

My main concern is weather or not cleaning mid shift would be acceptable given the set-up of our facility. We would only be cleaning the production tables, but there is other equipment in the surrounding area that could potentially get splashed. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Procedure for Load and Unload Master Cleaning Schedule and Wareshouse Cleaning air conditioning pipes that are high up Cleaning Process and Chemicals Changeover procedure for transition of FSSC22000 V5.1 to V6 Cleaning and Sanitation in production area Standard Operating Procedure vs Work Instruction Need to implement a manual cleaning procedure while our rack washer is down Need a procedure for disposition and destruction of expired goods