What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Storage and Delivery Temperature of Frozen Meat

Started by , Nov 29 2021 02:33 PM
3 Replies

Good day, 

I am in the process of reviewing my specifications. My current storage temperature is -18 degrees celcius but i have read online that the acceptable limit for the transport of frozen meat is -12 degrees celcius. Does anyone have any regulations with regards to the proposed temperatures for frozen meat and poultry in South Africa. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Storage temperature of pasteurized milk cooler storage temperature failure Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP? Supplier Approval Program- Storage/Pick and Pack on behalf customers (suppliers) Interim storage of food in aluminium bins
[Ad]

"Temperature control 34. (1) (2) The air temperature of a room where meat is cut and packed, must be maintained at or below 12°C. Cut poultry meat must be subjected to uninterrupted chilling to reduce the core temperature of the meat to 4 OC within 12 hours in the case of chilled meat and meat that is being frozen may not be dispatched before a core temperature of minus 12 OC has been reached."

https://www.gov.za/s...1409/28520a.pdf

"Temperature control 34. (1) (2) The air temperature of a room where meat is cut and packed, must be maintained at or below 12°C. Cut poultry meat must be subjected to uninterrupted chilling to reduce the core temperature of the meat to 4 OC within 12 hours in the case of chilled meat and meat that is being frozen may not be dispatched before a core temperature of minus 12 OC has been reached."

https://www.gov.za/s...1409/28520a.pdf

I am really appreciate this and agree , but my enquiry was to find out the bacteria that can grow  in the circumstances of keeping the frozen meat at minus 12 or below this temperature.  

To be clear, that is not what you asked in your post

which bacteria in particular?  e coli and salmonella do not react the same

Similar Discussion Topics
Storage temperature of pasteurized milk cooler storage temperature failure Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP? Supplier Approval Program- Storage/Pick and Pack on behalf customers (suppliers) Interim storage of food in aluminium bins Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite HACCP and BRC accreditation for a UK storage and distribution business Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Is freezer and refrigerator storage considered prps? Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage