What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do you add flavors and colors to milk pre or post pasteurization?

Started by , Nov 17 2021 07:16 PM
1 Reply

I have a question for producers of flavored milk: When adding flavors and colors to milk, do you add them pre or post pasteurization?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Using Canola or vegetable oil post lethality Storage temperature of pasteurized milk Ice cream mix pasteurization failure corrective action Can high water salinity cause spoilage of coconut milk? Banned and Restricted Food Colors in the UK (FSA)
[Ad]

Hi Spidey; We produce flavoured yogurts. We add flavours differently, depending on customers' specs: we add vanilla extract before pasteurization, but, say, fruit preps (mango, strawberry) are added after pasteurization. I think that would depend on the nature of the flavour: if it's just an artificial one I think it could be added before pasteurizing, however if it's a natural fruit prep - that would be better added after pasteurization to save fruit characteristics. 

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Using Canola or vegetable oil post lethality Storage temperature of pasteurized milk Ice cream mix pasteurization failure corrective action Can high water salinity cause spoilage of coconut milk? Banned and Restricted Food Colors in the UK (FSA) Is pasteurization always a CCP? Changing from Hot Fill to Tunnel Pasteurization In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule Pasteurization Procedure for Tom Yum Paste