What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Organising holiday lunch in a warehouse with food safety

Started by , Nov 04 2021 10:05 PM
5 Replies
I have a hot topic at our facility due to being a smaller company with no facilities for all 60 employees to eat a holiday lunch in the warehouse next to the shipping doors. As a company-we would to have a simple lunch-in our plant with our entire plant which is rarely done.

How many people would allow this based on the following:
1. Low risk ingredient manufacturer with no open product within 500-1000 yards. (Manufacturing is in the unit next door)
2. All boxes and packaging; and finished products are sealed and stored behind a plastic barriers
3. Area shall be deep cleaned using bleach and sanitizer after eating
4. No allergens or high risk food will be allowed in building
5. No production or shipping will be done after or time of lunch-we will essentially be shut down
6. Swabs after cleaning to verify sanitation
7. No employee uniforms or lab coats during this time

Id like to know your thoughts? Unfortunately-we do not have the funds for an offsite.
1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

I think you're plan is a sound one----as a one off event and not a regular occurrence

You've address possible issues that could arise and have mitigation strategies planned

Enjoy your lunch

1 Like

Looks good, but this all sounds like a nightmare, especially this one: 

4. No allergens or high risk food will be allowed in building

No almond shavings in the green bean casserole or pecans/walnuts in the salads(tree nuts)? No cream for coffee (milk)?

I don't want to be one of those guys that answers your original question with suggestions you say you've already looked at, but you can get a meeting room from many hotels pretty dang cheap. Like $200-300 bucks cheap. Man I just can't see a better option than that in this scenario..

However, my personal opinion/suggestion aside, your original list seems quite sound to eliminate any hazards.

Other potential low cost places - VFWs, local government community rooms (some libraries have big spaces), churches

I would either have an offsite location, or get a large function tent and have it outside with heaters if necessary.  The cost would be about the same after you factor in the labor involved to get your warehouse back in proper working order.

Off site locations have their own issues as well like liability for employees traveling, damage to the property rented. I assume you want to pay them for the time / during working hours? If you are 500 yds from open product and you will be in a separate building, I don't see allergens being a real issue, just make sure everyone washes their hands post-party and take all the precautions you can otherwise. Have the dinner, everyone's put up with enough restrictions through the whole COVID thing with shaved almonds and milk and everything! :yay:

Similar Discussion Topics