What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Carrying end of run leftover RTE product and packaging next day

Started by , Oct 25 2021 04:27 PM
5 Replies

Hi! I was wondering if anyone can share their expertise/experience with my question.

At the end of production, you have left over RTE packages that will not make a full box. Can I reopen the extra packages and repack the following day with the new sell by date? The reason why I am thinking we can do this is because sell by date on packages are determined the day it is packaged.

Please help

Holly

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Non-conformance SQF audit for not carrying out environmental swabbing Looking for a UK based auditor for carrying out internal audits Applying a sanitizer after carrying out a chlorinated wet wash Tips for Moving Facility and carrying out a Post Moving Audit? Do we have to put contains nuts on pallet labels carrying nut products?
[Ad]

Hi! I was wondering if anyone can share their expertise/experience with my question.

At the end of production, you have left over RTE packages that will not make a full box. Can I reopen the extra packages and repack the following day with the new sell by date? The reason why I am thinking we can do this is because sell by date on packages are determined the day it is packaged.

Please help

Holly

Technically, yes. What you'll need to consider: shelf life and traceability. If there were a recall, could your program capture those that were produced on another day and packaged the next day. Shelf-life - does holding the product over one day affect the quality of your item, my guess is no. So traceability will be your biggest consideration.

The easier thing may to be adjust your procedure so you know you have at least 1 mixed case at the beginning of the day, even better if that one went to the same customer 

You can do that, and it's easier than opening and reworking finished goods----do you cases have unique identifiers?

Or you could recall two days of product.

minus one best by day.

Develop a Procedure to avoid leftover RTE Packages.

Similar Discussion Topics
Non-conformance SQF audit for not carrying out environmental swabbing Looking for a UK based auditor for carrying out internal audits Applying a sanitizer after carrying out a chlorinated wet wash Tips for Moving Facility and carrying out a Post Moving Audit? Do we have to put contains nuts on pallet labels carrying nut products? Carrying Allergens Forward